PLC & SCADA Technologies
|08 - 12 Mar 2020
|05 - 09 Jul 2020
|22 - 26 Nov 2020
PLC & SCADA Technologies
The PLC system is the major key in the technology and industrial sector today. PLC or Programmable Logic Controller is the system that makes machinery and systems work automatically. It incorporates three basic features of input, process, and output where everything has to go along well and harmoniously. When it comes to data collection and monitoring, SCADA is the solution. The industry encompassing myriad segments depends on SCADA for automation of multiple industrial tasks. Uninterrupted control of applications and processes and maximising the power of information is easy with SCADA. It controls large-scale processes that may encompass large distances and multiple sites, besides industrial and infrastructure processes.
This highly practical training course covers the essentials of PLC and SCADA systems, and designed to provide the participants with practical up-to-date information on the application of PLC's and SCADA to the automation and process control of plants and factories. The training aims to give practical advice to assist in the correct planning, programming and installation of PLC with a shorter learning curve and more confidence. The emphasis of the course will be on practical industry topics highlighting recent developments using case studies. The latest application of PLC and SCADA technologies and the fundamentals of PLC and SCADA systems will be covered.
The key features of Proclad Academy’s PLC & SCADA Technologies training course are:
- Introduction to Programmable Logic Controllers/Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) systems.
- Learn how remote sensing and actuation are combined with modern communication techniques to effectively monitor and control very large industrial processes—like those used in oil fields, pipelines, and electrical power systems
- Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) and architecture, configuration, installation, maintenance, and programming.
- Major SCADA applications, SCADA system components, and architecture.
- Updated on the latest developments in PLC and SCADA systems
- A solid appreciation of the fundamentals of PLC, SCADA and Telemetry design, installation and troubleshooting.
By attending Proclad Academy’s PLC & SCADA Technologies training course, participants will be able to:
- Describe the various components of a SCADA system
- Learn fundamentals of SCADA systems
- Sketch out a SCADA system for potential application in your industry
- Evaluate the benefits of several examples of Remote Terminal Units (RTUs), Master Terminal Units (MTUs), Human Machine Interface and communications methods
- Learn fundamentals of PLC hardware and software
- Describe PLC software structure, Ladder Logic, Function Block System (FBS), Instruction List (IL) as per IEC 1131.
- Write a simple and medium level PLC program, to troubleshoot a PLC system
- Specify PLC hardware and installation criteria
- Understand the fundamental of SCADA systems
- Gain knowledge of the key industrial communication protocols
- Learn how to set up industrial data communications networks
- Understand the different industrial communications networks used
- Learn how to effectively apply SCADA System security
Proclad Academy’s PLC & SCADA Technologies training course will greatly benefit all individuals who wish to improve their knowledge and experience, especially;
- Process Control Engineers and Supervisors
- Instrumentation and Control System Engineers
- Automation Engineers, Instrumentation Engineers, Maintenance Supervisors and Technologists
- Process Engineers
- Electrical Engineers and Supervisors
- Those involved in the design, implementation and upgrading of industrial control systems (PLC & SCADA)
- Those who have little or no exposure to PLC and SCADA but expect to become involved in some or all aspects of PLC installation and SCADA Programming
Proclad Academy’s PLC & SCADA Technologies training course will be presented in a fast-paced and highly dynamic style. The training methodology includes theoretical lectures, concepts and role play, work presentation and techniques, and general discussions with relevant videos.
Selection of real world case studies is used to illustrate the key concepts with examples of real world working in PLC and SCADA systems in the processing industries. This training course will be an excellent opportunity to network with your peers as well as gain significant new information and techniques for your next SCADA project.
- PLC system hardware
- Input & output devices
- I/O modules
- Processor module
- Power supply
- Programming modules/ tools
- How a PLC can be programmed and PLC program scans
- Identification of input/output and bit addresses
- PLC programming methods
- Bit storage, timers and counters
- Numerical applications
- Combinational and event-driven logic
- IEC 1131-3, towards a common standard
- Programming software
- RS-232/RS485, Industrial Ethernet, Industrial Protocols such as Modbus TCP/IP
- Local Area Networks (LANs), Network Topologies and Media Access Control Methods
- Token Ring & Token bus
- Preliminary Checks
- Data Communication Links and Review of Noise in the System
- Program Maintenance
- Simplifying Routine Adjustments and Change Procedures
- Programming Tools
- Terminology and overview
- What is SCADA?
- SCADA architecture
- SCADA System hardware, Human Machine Interface – HMI, Application System Configuration and Communication Servers
- Remote Terminal Unit – RTU
- Communication Architecture
- IEC 60870-5-101/104, IEC 60870-6, IEC 61850-90-2 standards
- Data acquisition
- Event and alarm processing
- Control, Data storage, archiving and analysis
- Industry Standard protocols
- Displays and MMI’s
- Configuration of SCADA system
- Best Practice configuration of alarms
- Rules of SCADA design